The 30 Day Shred is a workout program that you can follow at home to get fit faster. The program is ideal for people who are not used to exercising.
Jillian Michaels is an American fitness expert best known for programs such as The Biggest Loser and Losing it With Jillian. After her parents’ divorce, Jillian herself developed weight problems, which led her to live a healthier lifestyle. Jillian has been working as a personal trainer since she was seventeen. She has released several sports shows, and 30 Day Shred is one of them.
30 Day Shred
How does it work?
The 30 Day Shred is a DVD with exercises that you can purchase for less than 10 euros. However, you can also watch the videos via YouTube. The program consists of 3 parts (levels), each lasting 10 days. So:
- From day 1 to day 10 you do level 1.
- From day 11 to day 20 you do level 2.
- From day 21 to day 30 you do level 3.
So you have to continue the program for a total of 30 days. Each workout lasts about 30 minutes. The training also includes a warm-up and a cool-down. When exercising, Jillian works with the 3-2-1 interval system: you have to alternate between strength training, cardio and abdominal exercises. This system covers the abdomen, arms, breasts, buttocks and legs.
In addition to the daily workout, you also have to stick to a diet. As a woman, you can consume a maximum of 1200 calories and you should mainly eat food rich in proteins. If you do this, you can lose 5 to 10 kilos during these 30 days.
Whether you will effectively lose 5 to 10 kilos depends from person to person. What is certain is that you will lose fat mass and gain more muscle. Your body will look healthier and tighter, and you will have more energy.
Benefits of the 30 Day Shred
- It makes you fitter and stronger.
- You can do it at home.
- It only takes 30 minutes.
- You can lose weight healthily with it.
- Don’t focus on your weight but on the number of centimeters you lose. It is therefore nice to measure yourself and take pictures of your body before you start. When the 30 days are up, you can measure yourself again and take more photos to see what has changed.
- It is more fun to use a yoga mat since you regularly have to do exercises on the floor.
- Make sure you don’t skip the warm up and cool down. If you do, you may sustain injuries.
- Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth as calmly as possible.
- Try to tighten your abdominal muscles with every exercise and you will see results faster.
- The weights you need to use vary from 0.5 to 2kg. You can get them in sports stores. You can use bottled water as a replacement.
- Stay active after the 30 days. Continue to eat healthy and exercise regularly.
Additional workout programs from Jillian Michaels
- 6 week six-pack : the focus here is mainly on the abdomen, back and shoulders.
- Banish fat, boost metabolism : fat burning and cardio.
- Killer buns and tighs : here we work on the buttocks and thighs.
- No more trouble zones : feminine problems such as love handles are tackled here.
- Yoga meltdown : strength and flexibility.