If you want to lose weight, you will first have to adjust your diet. This does not necessarily mean that you should eat less, but often that you should eat differently. Get rid of sweets and fatty snacks and lose weight without feeling hungry. This is possible by eating lots of fruit and vegetables and drinking enough water.
Vegetables and fruit
When you eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, you consume relatively few calories. Of course, some fruits and vegetables are higher in calories than other fruits and vegetables. Which species fit well in a low-calorie diet?
Good low-calorie vegetables are:
Good low-calorie fruits are:
The above-mentioned types of fruit and vegetables are also sometimes referred to as suppliers of negative calories. That sounds very nice, but unfortunately negative calories do not exist. However, you can eat these fruits and vegetables in unlimited quantities. They are filling and provide few calories. Eating slowly and chewing a lot also makes you feel full faster.
Water contains no calories, quenches thirst and fills you, making you less hungry. Cold water is especially good for you. This is because your body will have to heat this water again before it is further absorbed. Drink at least four large glasses of water every day. Many people also confuse thirst with hunger and therefore choose to eat something, while a glass of water would also make them feel full. According to research (Source 2), drinking water is also a way to speed up metabolism. When you drink water you speed up your metabolism by 30 percent for an hour. Drinking one and a half liters of old water per day will ensure that you burn approximately 70-72 extra kilocalories. That’s a bonus.
You can transform vegetables into a complete meal together with a small piece of meat and some wokmie or rice and a small amount of stir-fry sauce. If this meal consists largely of vegetables, it is light and yet filling.
Not the ready-made salads from the supermarket, but simply meal salads from your own kitchen that you can make as light as you want. Lots of vegetables, combined with a boiled egg and some strips of lean ham or some pieces of smoked salmon and you can put a tasty salad on the table. Be sparing with sauce.
Vegetable soup and tomato soup (not cream of tomato soup) are great meals for a diet. Soup consists mainly of liquid and is very low in calories. You can have a cup of soup in the evening to quench your hunger. A healthy low-calorie snack.
Everyone has a craving for sweets sometimes. Then choose a milkshake for breakfast or lunch. Nice and sweet and very good to use in a diet. For recipes, see the page: How do you make the tastiest milkshakes?
Further waste tips
- Don’t try to lose weight too quickly, what is lost quickly will quickly be regained.
- Eat five times a day. This prevents an energy dip and a sugar shortage. This also makes you less likely to snack.
- Enjoy your food. Eat slowly and with as much variety as possible, so if you do sin, you should enjoy it as much as possible and for as long as possible.
- Keep track of what you eat and drink. By writing it down you not only gain insight into what you eat and drink, but you also think about it longer. Because of this, you may decide not to eat that snack after all.
- If you still want to snack, opt for a handful of nuts. Healthy and you quickly feel satisfied.
- Be sparing with alcohol. This contains a lot of calories and has little nutritional value.
- Make sure you always have some chewing gum on hand for those difficult moments.
- Exercise enough.