The soup diet is a diet used for hospital patients who need to lose weight quickly before undergoing surgery. The diet has mainly become popular because of the spectacular results you can achieve in a short time.
A real craze
The soup diet was once all the rage. Because of the good results you can achieve so quickly, the diet is extremely popular. If you want to achieve maximum results, you must of course follow the diet strictly. You consume a minimum of calories and can only eat soup according to a specific recipe. The soup diet is a monotonous diet that can be maintained because you can only follow it temporarily. So the message is to just persevere. You can lose up to seven kg in seven days.
The soup that you can eat during your soup diet is also called a fat-burning soup. You can eat as much of it as you want because it contains no calories. It burns more energy than it produces.
- 6 large onions
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 white cabbage
- 3 green peppers
- 1 bunch celery
- 4 carrots
- 2 low-fat stock cubes
- 3 liters of water
Finely chop all ingredients. Fry the finely chopped onions in a little oil until they are golden. Then add the vegetables, water and stock cubes. Then season the soup to taste. Do not use salt! Let the soup simmer briefly over a low heat.
How does it work?
- Day 1 : Eat as much melon, watermelon and soup as you want.
- Day 2 : You can eat as many vegetables and soup as you want. Try to eat mainly green leafy vegetables and avoid dried beans, peas and corn.
- Day 3 : Eat as many vegetables, fruit and soup as you want.
- Day 4 : You can eat up to eight bananas and as much soup as you want.
- Day 5 : Eat a maximum of 450 grams of fish or meat together with six fresh tomatoes and as much soup as you can eat.
- Day 6 : You can eat beef, green leafy vegetables and soup as much as you want.
- Day 7 : Soup, brown rice, vegetables and unsweetened fruit juice to your heart’s content.
Make sure you follow the diet strictly. Also try to drink at least eight glasses of water every day.
Disadvantages of the soup diet
- If you have to eat so much soup, you will of course quickly get tired of it.
- Vitamin deficiencies can occur quickly. Deficiencies in proteins, essential fatty acids, calcium and carbohydrates occur quickly. You can quickly start to feel tired and no longer feel like social contact. Vitamin tablets during your diet can help.
- The yo-yo effect can occur after the diet. You have lost a lot of kilos in a short time. Those pounds can quickly come back if you start eating normally again after the soup diet.
- The weight you lose during the soup diet is mainly fluid and not fat.
- The risk that body tissue, i.e. muscle proteins, is broken down instead of body fat is high.
Benefits of the soup diet
- Fast Weight Loss!
Listen to your body during the diet. If you suffer from migraines, digestive disorders or fatigue, it is best to stop the soup diet. Do not starve yourself or continue the soup diet for more than seven days. Remember that a sustainable diet starts with good eating habits. The soup diet simply helps you lose those first kilos quickly.