Rituals, founded in 2000 by Raymond Cloosterman, has an extensive range of products that fall under luxury Home and Body cosmetics. Rituals regularly brings a new product to the market. Blue Dragon is a shower gel/foam for men based on bamboo and cedar wood. Rituals describes it as a foaming shower gel sensation. At the end of 2015, the name of the product was changed from Blue Dragon to Samurai shower, according to the Rituals Service Team.
This company was founded in 2000 by Raymond Cloosterman. Rituals was the first brand in the world to introduce a combination of luxury Home and Body cosmetics. All products are inspired by authentic Eastern rituals. Rituals uses natural, sustainable and organic ingredients and uses safe alternatives for what nature cannot provide. Rituals products are not tested on animals, the entire product line is suitable for vegetarians. You can read all products have been tested by leading dermatologists on the website. Rituals has 150 stores spread all over the world.
- Tatsu (this includes Blue Dragon)
It is described by Rituals as a foaming shower gel sensation. A unique shower foam technology based on organic bamboo and cedar wood.
Aqua/water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Isopentane, Cocamidophopyl Betaine, Sorbitol, Isobutane, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Parfum, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo ) Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedar) Oil, Cupressus Sempervirens (Pine) Oil, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone
Source: Photo infoteur
Three ingredients in short:
- Bamboo : in Asia it symbolizes resistance, flexibility and endurance. That is already very impressive, but what really makes you happy is the natural simplicity of the scent that gives everything a clear freshness. Bamboo has a caring and soothing effect.
- Japanese Mint : has cooling and stimulating properties that are often used in ointments, cold remedies and to treat headaches and other complaints.
- Aloe vera : has a soothing and calming effect on the skin, helps the skin to maintain its natural moisture balance. Aloe vera is also called desert lily and looks like a cactus. The plant has been considered medicinal in various cultures for thousands of years. The plant protects the body against dehydration. If a leaf is damaged on the plant, this damage heals very quickly. For this reason the Indians call the plant ‘wound cactus’. The leaves contain jelly-like water with valuable substances that have a caring and healing effect
Color and smell
- Initially, the contents of the can appear as a transparent gel, but after a few seconds it turns into white and opaque foam.
- The scent: a spicy woody scent with something in the background that reminds me of mint, so something refreshing.
The Tatsu ritual
Tatsu, the mystical Japanese water dragon, symbolizes strength, happiness, beauty and protection. All qualities necessary for men’s personal care. Experience the invigorating power of Tatsu. According to Rituals, these are great products for men.
Use and packaging
- Apply a small amount of foam to the palm of your hand, as soon as the gel comes into contact with water it turns into foam that can be used to cleanse the entire body.
- The shower gel comes in a dark gray/black can with a white transparent cap. On the front the Rituals logo, below it the name of the product and an image (in blue) of a dragon with the text: sign of the dragon. The contents are stated: 200 ml. On the other side of the bottle you will find a warning that the container is under pressure, do not let children play with the bottle, the gel can also get into the eyes. The ingredients and the Rituals website are also listed.
You pay 8.00 euros for a can/bottle (2015). Rituals regularly has great offers. You can buy Rituals products via the internet, at V&D and at the Rituals shops. You can check on the internet in which cities there is a Rituals store.
Tip from Rituals
You can perform a short but powerful ritual yourself with the following products:
- Sento: foaming cream bath with organic bamboo and wakame
- Dragon Mud: volcanic clay scrub
- Cool Kami: mild shampoo that regulates the moisture level of the scalp
- Cool Dragon: a fresh moisturizing body gel that gives an energetic tingle
- Banzai Stick: a fresh deodorant with bamboo